Tuesday 23 November 2010

Waste reduction - a whole week of it!


Uniting all over Europe with the same message: Let's Waste Less!

A very happy, European Week of Waste Reduction to you all.

And our food lover family's challenges draws to a close.
Tina said: "Taking part in the challenge has been quite an eye opener and I’ve realised that I used to waste a lot more food than I thought.

“Now, although I wouldn't say I plan all my meals, I try to shop more carefully and for example buy less fresh vegetables at a time to make sure I use them all. Before taking on the challenge I used to waste food worth about £10 every week but now I haven’t thrown anything away for ages."
She added: “This week is also the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) which aims to raise awareness and encourage people from throughout the EU to make everyday changes that will help them produce less waste.
“It’s a great extra push for the end of the challenge to know that people all across Europe are doing the same kinds of things as me and are working hard to reduce the amount of waste they send to landfill.”

For more information on the national Food Lovers’ Challenge, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com of for more information on the European Week for Waste Reduction, visit www.ewwr.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment