Look out for the new booklet
Some of the big changes will be covered on the blog in the next few weeks, including Frequently Asked Questions answered.
The ones to be aware of are :
- All residents must recycle as much as possible using the triple boxes.
- Side waste (extra bagged waste) will not be collected. All waste needs to fit inside the green wheeled bin.
- From 1st April 2012 residents must pay for a second garden waste bin collection. All residents are allowed one bin for garden waste collected free of charge.
- From 1st April 2012 residents will be charged for replacement wheeled bins. The first set of recycling boxes will be provided free of charge and subsequent sets charged for.
- From 1st June 2012 cardboard will no longer be accepted in your brown (garden waste) bin. Instead it must be placed in the green wheeled bin or taken to the CRC. This is to improve the quality of our garden waste collections and the compost produced.
There's lots of help and guidance available to help households who are struggling to recycle or to fit their waste in their green wheeled bin, please contact the Waste hotline on 01472 325841 or follow us on Facebook or Twitter . @RubbishGeek and www.facebook.com/letswasteless
Thanks to all those who are already recycling and cutting down on their rubbish! Let's work together to protect the planet and waste less!